So, I'll start with this: a recent experience that also occurred on an impulse.
Two weeks ago (3/19/11), I was on a mission trip with 12 of my close friends in Nashville, TN. The trip was amazing, and it would take me forever to go into all the details of everything that happened, so I'm not going to do that here.
I was with 4 friends driving back to where we were staying in a rural area outside of the city. The sun was setting and as we were driving, we saw a field of flowers which we just had to experience. Leaving our group, we turned around to go back to the field. It was absolutely beautiful, something I never want to forget. After much laughter, joy, and new bouquets we piled back into the car.
Problem. We didn't know how to get back to where we needed to go. As we were in such high spirits, this did not seem to phase us (except that everyone else was waiting for us to eat dinner). Through several wrong turns, u-turns, and phone calls, we could not seem to stop laughing. It was a moment of pure joy (well, more like 30 minutes).
Being lost doesn't always mean you're alone. As I learned in this case, when you're lost with people you love, you don't feel lost at all. This is one of the simple things in life I hope to cherish forever. And next time I see a field of flowers in the setting sun, I don't think I'll think twice about what I'm going to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment